- This event has passed.
HAP is determined to continue serving seniors in Hyattsville while making sure that they, the HAP volunteers that serve them, and the community remain safe in this stressful and difficult time. We hope these restrictions will not continue indefinitely, but for now we believe that maintaining social distance is critically important. Here is what we’ve decided:
- Until further notice, HAP will no longer be driving members to the doctor, grocery stores or other locations. However, we have a partnership with a service that provides on-call access to rideshare services. This allows HAP to connect seniors to a Lyft or Uber driver via telephone, and HAP will cover the cost of rides to necessary medical appointments. Contact the HAP office (301-887-3101 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about other sources of transportation.
- All HAP events have been postponed. New dates will be announced when available, and HAP is exploring options for online and telephonic programs.
- Until it’s safe to resume normal activities, HAP services will be limited to no-contact delivery of groceries, masks, and other supplies; telephone check-in with Neighbors through the HAP phone tree; and information and referral through the HAP office. Neighbors who need delivery service, want to be included on the telephone list, or have questions about other available services should contact the HAP office at 301-887-3101 or email@example.com.
If you know seniors that may need help or if you want to volunteer, please send us their names and contact information or have them go to the HAP website (HyattsvilleAginginPlace.org), firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or call the HAP office at 301-887-3101.
If you need more information, below are some suggested resources:
- Administration for Community Living (ACL):
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): What Older Adults and People with Disabilities Need to Know?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults
Resources for Home: Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases:
Frequently Asked Questions About Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
AARP Coronavirus Pandemic Information