Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland has partnered with the City of Hyattsville and Hyattsville Aging in Place to offer Aging in Place services to qualified City residents!
Services may include the following based on availability:
• Help with functional limitations
• Fall prevention and recovery strategies
• Assistive devices to improve mobility such as raised toilet seats and seats for showers
• Structural adaptations such as grab bars and securing cords and rugs
• And minor home repairs such as fixing holes in floors, tightening handrails on stairways, and improved lighting.
To be eligible, one must:
• Be at least 65 years old
• Reside for at least one year in a home covered by current homeowners policy
• Have difficulty performing at least one activity of daily living (dressing, bathing) or difficulty with instrumental activities of daily living (eg. housework, meal preparation, taking medicine as prescribed)
• Be income qualified (income for each individual participant cannot exceed $42,500 per year)
• Be willing and able to participate in meetings with an Occupational Therapist and a Registered Nurse focused on your goals
• Be willing to complete surveys and questionnaires administered by HFHMM staff
• Due to strict program regulations neither active cancer patients, nor individuals diagnosed with dementia and Alzheimer’s can be deemed eligible for the CAPABLE program
If you would like to participate in this program please submit a completed application with all required documentation.
Applications can be downloaded at www.habitatmm.org
You can request that an application be mailed to you by contacting Rebecca Arce, Repair Client Coordinator at Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland, at 301-990-0014×19 or Rebecca.Arce@HabitatMM.org
Should you need assistance in completing an application or want more information you can contact Hyattsville Aging in Place at 301-887-3101 or HAPCares@gmail.com