On April 23, 2022, James Beard Award-winning food writer and columnist for The Washington Post Tim Carman discussed what it’s like being a food critic, how he chooses restaurants to review, what he looks for in the dining experience and the changing food landscape in the DMV. He also discussed the evolving food scene along the Route 1 Corridor.
The event was part of the Route 1 Corridor Conversations series organized by Hyattsville Aging in Place, Helping Hands University Park, Neighbors Helping Neighbors College Park, and Explorations on Aging College Park with sponsorship from the City of Hyattsville.
Here links to a few of the reviews Tim mentioned during the conversation:
- Into the Fire: Tens of thousands of restaurants have closed during the pandemic. The inside story of one family’s battle to save theirs.
- A delicious taste of South India — with meat included
- Tyler Cowen’s Ethnic Food Guide
- The 10 best Ethiopian restaurants in the Washington area
- The best barbecue joints in the D.C. area
- There has never been a better time for takeout pizza
- 10 favorite Chinese restaurants in the D.C. area